1. Each Semester shall be taken as a unit for the purpose of calculating attendance and a student shall be considered to have put in required attendance for the semester, if he/she has attended not less than 75% of the number of working hours/periods in each paper/subject in each semester.
2. Students with attendance of more than 60% but less than 75% may be allowed to appear for the examination on payment of a fine fixed by the University.
3. A candidate who does not satisfy the requirement of attendance shall not be eligible to take the examination of the concerned semester, and is not eligible to get admission to the next semester.
4. A candidate who fails to satisfy the requirement of attendance in a semester shall repeat that semester when offered in the subsequent year. This facility shall be available only two times in the entire course.
5. In the case of a candidate who represents his/ her Institution/ University/ Karnataka State/nation in Sports/ NCC/ NSS/ Cultural or any Official activities, shortage of attendance up to a maximum of 15 days in a Semester may be condoned, based on the recommendation and prior permission of the Head of the Institution concerned.
6. In case of illness, a maximum of 15days of attendance condoned subject to certification by the concerned Medical officer.