Mysore University library is one of the oldest and largest University Library in the country and Mother of other University Libraries in Karnataka. The Library started functioning in the year 1918. It has a glorious record of 91 years of worthy service with a resource collection of 6 Lakhs volumes in its systems today. The inception collection of the library was around 2311 books which was housed in Jubilee building and later moved to Maharaja’s college campus and finally the library shifted to new building at Manasagangotri Campus in 1965. The Foundation stone was laid by first UGC Chairman Prof. C.D.Deshmukh on 11th July 1960. It was inaugurated by the then President of India Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan on 7th December, 1965.